We want to call your attention to H.R. 1639, a very important piece of Federal legislation that will exempt premium cigars from FDA regulation. We have included a link to a Cigar Rights of America Action Alert below, please take a few moments to read it carefully. We urge you to add your name in support, so that we all can retain our freedom to smoke cigars and at the same time support small business, the backbone of the American economy.
H.R. 1639 / S. 1461 – Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act
Did you know that on April 26, 2010, December 20, 2010, and July 7, 2011 the U.S. Food & Drug Administration publicly posted their intent to regulate cigars in the Federal Register?
Some of the measures FDA could consider include:
- Ban on walk-in humidors, self serve cigar displays and mail-order cigar sales;
- Ban on all flavored cigars, that are enjoyed by legal-age adults;
- Deface ornate, decorative cigar boxes, often considered an art form with grotesque images;
- Ban on cigar events where free cigars (samples) could be available to legal-age adults;
- Limits on cigar marketing and advertising;
- Imposition of new user fees (tax) on cigars to finance regulations;
- Limits on special release and small-batch cigars, due to mandates that cigar blends be submitted to FDA for pre-approval before release;
- Limits on nicotine levels on cigars to near zero, severely impacting the flavor of cigars;
- Ban on marketing cigar merchandise.
We urge you to easily take action now by clicking the button below! Show your support for H.R. 1639 / S. 1461 (Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act) and keep the FDA from regulating premium cigars (You will be taken to the Cigar Rights of America Action Alert Page.)